- “Let’s be honest that Pelosi’s haircut-” loudly everywhere but from the same accounts on Reddit silence about Trump doing so much worse
- “I hate Trump as much as the next guy but can we not be exposed to politics” because of these conservative talking points that support Trump
- “I suddenly care about Asians whenever black people are mentioned”
- “I suddenly don’t care about environmental issues, corporate corruption, civil rights and I’m voting for Trump/Republicans now even though I was a liberal/communist Democrat” because of a single controversy like a Disney movie or Joe Rogan moving to Texas, but also these conservative talking points that show I never actually supported Democrats
- “Both sides-” r/enlightenedcentrism
- “Cancel culture!” and “butthurt triggered snowflakes!” but actually just projecting their butthurt “culture war” tactics like silencing Kaepernick (and also “big government,” “wasteful spending,” “election fraud,” “save the children” and child abuse mostly by Republicans)
- “Don’t politicize this tragedy” when it makes conservatives look bad especially if it’s about guns or police, but upvote and politicize this minority/woman doing a bad thing and relate it to needing guns somehow
- “Facts don’t care about your feelings” but rage at gun violence facts or a Netflix LGBT character and ignore facts and science because of their conservative feelings
- “cRiMe StAtS,” “look at this video of a minority behaving badly,” “men’s rights,” and “women rape men” stories but try to censor and “cancel” science that violates their narrative like actual crime statistics (immigrants commit less crime than white Americans, immigrants pay more in taxes than they receive in government benefits), racism statistics (black and white Americans use cannabis at similar levels but black Americans are 800% more likely to get punished for it), American gun statistics, misogyny statistics, rape statistics, “men commit 75% of all violent crime despite making up 49% of the population, make up 90% of the prison population, etc etc.” police bias facts https://np.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/gu04j3/nypd_cop_pulls_down_peaceful_protestors_mask_to/fsgebto/
- “unpopular opinions” by r/AsABlackMan with “as a black man, injustices and abuse in America shouldn’t be discussed as much,” “I’m black and it’s okay to hate blacks”, “as a China man, dogwhistling racism about China is okay,” “AS A FEMALE,” “cancel Netflix because it has liberal content,” “I’m a minority and even I’ve had enough of r/politics” with 10,000 upvotes from white men
- “Whatever you do don’t read r/politics”
- r news downvoting actual top news and upvoting Fox News stories like a local crime story in a blue state preferably California and preferably involving a mugshot of a black person, a bad minority made all minority look bad, someone in a red state won the lottery at a Chick-fil-a and saluted a veteran, gun fantasies of someone using a gun in one of their dream burglar scenarios and not all the shootings of family members and suicides in America, even though r news bans “political” news, but Fox News stories with an agenda are not “political”
- r mapporn, r dataisbeautiful, r vexillology, r whatisthisthing with constant Nazi Germany content and as much anti-California narrative as possible (“even though our red state moves to California and makes it expensive, the real injustice is Californians moving to our state and voting for California things!” like marijuana legalization or good environmental policies that help the economy)
- “mAiNsTrEaM nEwS mEdIa can’t be trusted so don’t bother reading this article! I’m a persecuted victim and conveniently excluding Republican majorities and Fox News even though it’s the most watched TV news and Ben Shapiro is the most shared on Facebook and Joe Rogan in podcasts“
- “This post’s news website is cancer amirite! Let’s talk about that instead of the issue presented!”
- “Actually this police abuse was justified because if you actually read the article you’d know the victim had a weapon” except the police later admit there was no weapon
- “If you actually watch the 4 hour video- but don’t watch the videos before it that actually confirm the Covington MAGA are racist misogynists“
- Concern trolling “it’s okay to be white,” “blue lives matter,” “all lives matter” except babies of immigrants, police who could use better training, Mediterranean Europeans if they’re too dark
- Racist terms don’t bother them, so the real injustice is not being able to use racist taunts
- Context and history/injustices don’t matter, especially when discussing American history or African development
- Anti-racism and racism are equally bad
- Feminism and misogyny are equally bad
- Democrats and Republicans are equally bad
Steve Bannon bragging about these tactics:
the power of what he called “rootless white males” who spend all their time online and they could be radicalized in a kind of populist, nationalist way
Bannon: “You can activate that army. They come in through Gamergate or whatever and then get turned onto politics and Trump.”
r/Gamingcirclejerk captures them doing their thing.
These tactics have been successful for a while:
John Ehrlichman, who partnered with Fox News cofounder Roger Ailes since 1968 on the Republican “Southern Strategy” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy
[We] had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying?
We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities.
We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news.
Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.
“He was the premier guy in the business,” says former Reagan campaign manager Ed Rollins. “He was our Michelangelo.”
Ailes repackaged Richard Nixon for television in 1968, papered over Ronald Reagan’s budding Alzheimer’s in 1984, shamelessly stoked racial fears to elect George H.W. Bush in 1988, and waged a secret campaign on behalf of Big Tobacco to derail health care reform in 1993.
Hillarycare was to have been funded, in part, by a $1-a-pack tax on cigarettes. To block the proposal, Big Tobacco paid Ailes to produce ads highlighting “real people affected by taxes.”
Every day I have to marvel at what the billionaires and FOX News pulled off. They got working whites to hate the very people that want them to have more pay, clean air, water, free healthcare and the power to fight back against big banks & big corps. It’s truly remarkable.
Lyndon Johnson in 1960 calling out their tactics:
If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he’ll empty his pockets for you.
Screenshots of how they coordinate their bad faith arguing to “control the narrative”:
2. After the call went out on 4chan, a network of new Twitter accounts run by white supremacists pretending to be Jews popped up. Often, they masquerade as Orthodox Jews, Israelis and/or Jewish leftists. They all follow each other and promote anti-Semitic and anti-Israel content. pic.twitter.com/rA2cFBm8jW— (((Yair Rosenberg))) (@Yair_Rosenberg) August 19, 2019
PSA: 4chan is planning an attack on the LGBTQ+ community during pride month. They plan on spamming homophobic and transphobic propaganda on all social media sites constantly, in an effort to turn people into raging homophobes and transphobes. Be careful. pic.twitter.com/Krr0m40cot— samantha/שֵׁײנָא✡️🏳️🌈🏴🚩 (@koshersemite) May 24, 2020
Nazi strategy: "Leftists will recognize dog whistles and know we're crypto, but normies won't listen to them." pic.twitter.com/YSkLp1J95C— Natalie Wynn (@ContraPoints) August 13, 2017