In case your friends needed 135 reasons to not vote for Trump in November, here’s his terrible record:
- 55 million Americans filed unemployment claims in the last 20 weeks.
- 13 million jobs lost since the start of the pandemic.
- 6 million jobs lost since assuming office. Second source
- Oversaw 14.7% U-3 unemployment rate.
- Oversaw 22.8% U-6 unemployment rate.
- 32.9% GDP contraction for Q2 2020, largest contraction on record.
- 5% GDP contraction for Q1 2020.
- Oversaw 23.7% of the workforce unemployed.
- More than doubled black unemployment.
- Tripled Hispanic unemployment.
- Tripled Asian unemployment.
- Tripled women unemployment.
- Tripled white unemployment.
- Nearly tripled youth unemployment.
- $26.6 trillion national debt.
- 274,000 manufacturing jobs have been outsourced.
- Oversaw the end of the longest economic expansion in history.
- U.S. suffered the world’s biggest jump in economic misery.
- Stock market saw its 8 largest single-day net drops in history.
- Failed to take appropriate action regarding business payrolls during the COVID-19 crisis which would have saved millions of jobs.
- Increased taxes on 10 million+ Americans.
- Projected $3.7+ trillion deficit for 2020.
- Projected 5.6% GDP contraction for 2020 overall.
- Has added $6.6 trillion to the national debt in one-term.
- Is overseeing the highest unemployment rate in 80 years and since the Great Depression.
- Signed a $2 trillion tax cut bill that gives 83% of benefits to the top 1% and large corporations.
- 43 million people face the risk of eviction.
- 30 million Americans have reported not having enough food.
- Oversaw the largest trade deficit in U.S history.
- 20,000+ public lies since taking office.
- 3,000+ current conflicts of interest.
- 3,500+ lawsuits filed.
- Has filed 6 business bankruptcies.
- Cut 700,000 poor people from food stamps.
- Committed 10’s of impeachable offenses.
- Impeached president.
- Attempted to cut Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and disability programs in the last three fiscal year budgets.
- Wants to defund Social Security and Medicare of revenue if re-elected.
- Administration with the most criminal indictments in U.S history.
- Called African countries “shithole” countries.
- Mocked a disabled reporter.
- Called a group with Nazis “fine people”.
- Started a fake university to exploit students.
- Shifted kids-cancer charity money to his business.
- 25 women have accused the president of sexual misconduct.
- Openly bragged about sexual assault “Grab ‘em by the pussy”.
- Paid off a pornstar he slept with while Melania was pregnant with Barron.
- Paid off a playboy model he slept with while married to Melania.
- Has appointed the most billionaires to administrative positions in U.S history.
- Constantly undermines freedom of the press.
- Incites violence against journalists he doesn’t like.
- Committed historic corruption by commuting the crimes of Roger Stone who was convicted by a jury of lying to shield him.
- Pardoned the campaign finance criminal Dinesh D’Souza
- Says John McCain was not a war hero because he was “captured”.
- Took no action when informed about Russian bounties on U.S troops.
- Asked the Supreme Court to strike down the ACA during a pandemic.
- Retweeted a video of a man saying, “White power!”.
- Removed Saudi Arabia from the list of the worst human traffickers.
- Has threatened a 1-year sentence for flag burning.
- Hasn’t placed sanctions on China for Uighurs concentration camps.
- Is attempting to slow USPS mail delivery before the election.
- Shared political ads with Nazi symbols.
- Asked China for help with his re-election.
- Is resuming federal executions after a two-decade hiatus.
- Said the end result of Lincoln freeing the slaves was “Questionable”.
- Played on racist fears of terrorized suburbs to court white voters.
- Reversed transgender health protections.
- Made a personal donor with no experience head of the Post Office.
- Nominated Supreme Court justices who voted to allow religious employers to deny employees birth control.
- Is engaging in illegal money laundering in the 2020 election.
- Threatened to revoke schools’ tax-exempt status if they are considered “too liberal”.
- Suggested selling Puerto Rico as Hurricane Maria approached.
- Implemented a ban on transgender people from serving in the military.
- Attempted to cut HUD funding for affordable public housing.
- Carelessly held a large rally in the middle of pandemic that led to the death of a GOP presidential candidate.
- 55% of the country on average disapproves of Trump.
- Refers to women he doesn’t like as “fat pigs,” “slobs,” “dogs,” and “nasty”.
- Had a close relationship with Jeffrey Epstein.
- Accused a senior who was severally injured by police of a “fake fall” and being in “Antifa”.
- Signed an executive order that hurt social media companies after having a tweet fact-checked.
- Claims to be a self-made billionaire when he actually inherited $413 million from his father.
- Caused the longest government shutdown in American history.
- Still has not released his tax returns.
- Assisted the Saudis in covering up Khashoggi’s murder.
- Denies climate change.
- Unwound 50 years of environmental regulation protections.
- Withdrew from the Paris Climate Accord.
- Made a climate-denier head of the EPA.
- On track to drastically expand offshore oil drilling.
- Increased annual military spending by $130 billion.
- Increased drone strikes by 432%.
- Abandoned the Kurds in Syria.
- Almost started a war with Iran.
- Withdrew from the Iran Nuclear Deal.
- Has dropped 10,000’s of bombs in the Middle East.
- Threatened to deploy 10,000 troops, use military action, “dominate”, and shoot BLM protestors.
- Had BLM protestors teargassed so he could pose for a bible photo-opt.
- Launched a fascist federal invasion into Portland, Oregon.
- Executively started a trade war with no strategy.
- Called for the 2020 election to be delayed for false reasons.
- Expanded the U.S-Mexico border wall.
- Reduced the number of refugees allowed in the U.S.
- Enacted measures to reduce the number of asylum seekers.
- Cut off government assistance to undocumented immigrants.
- Called Mexican immigrants “criminals” and “rapists”.
- Put restrictions on legal immigration.
- Has begun the removal of protections for Dreamers.
- Implemented a travel ban on 13 countries to “stop Muslims from entering the U.S.” Second source
- Keeping 70,000 migrant children in custody as well as cages.
- Gave more power to ICE.
- Separated deported immigrant children from their families.
- Suggested shooting immigrants who came across the southern border.
- Picked an education secretary who’s out to gut public education.
- Picked an education secretary who increased protections for those accused of sexual assault.
- Wants to end public service loan forgiveness.
- Vetoed a student loan forgiveness bill.
- Attempted to cut the Department of Education’s budget for the fourth consecutive year.
- Repealed Net Neutrality.
- 13 million more Americans are uninsured for healthcare. Second source
- Deliberately raised ACA premiums for 7.3 million people.
- Implemented work rules to qualify for Medicaid.
- Defunded Planned Parenthood with the global Gag Rule.
- 5 million coronavirus cases.
- 164,000 coronavirus deaths.
- Most coronavirus cases of any other country.
- Most coronavirus deaths of any other country.
- Encouraged his officials to “slow the testing down” for COVID-19.
- Wants to end federal funding for COVID-19 testing sites.
- Took 4 months to wear a mask publicly failing in leadership.
- Has failed to call for a temporary federal mask mandate.
- Cut the CDC budget in both 2018 and 2019.
- Halted funding to the World Health Organization.
- Stripped the CDC of control of COVID-19 data.
- Is encouraging all schools to open back up during the middle of a pandemic.
- Encouraged people to drink chloroquine to fight the coronavirus.
- Encouraged people to inject disinfectants to fight the coronavirus
Thanks for the award and pinning this post!!! This list now contains 136 reasons to not vote for Trump in November.
NC, Georgia, and other “red states”:
Financial Times: The Republicans are elevating voter suppression to an art form
The senator also cracked: “There’s a lot of liberal folks in those other schools who maybe we don’t want to vote. Maybe we want to make it just a little more difficult, and I think that’s a great idea.”
The Republicans have lost the popular vote in six of the past seven presidential elections. 1,000 polling places have since closed across the country, with many of them in southern black communities.
This is how efficiently Republicans have gerrymandered Texas congressional districts
The Student Vote Is Surging. So Are Efforts to Suppress It. The share of college students casting ballots doubled from 2014 to 2018. But in Texas and elsewhere, Republicans are erecting roadblocks to the polls.
Crystal Mason Thought She Had The Right to Vote. Texas Sentenced Her to Five Years in Prison for Trying. | The case of a Texas mother is a window into how the myth of voter fraud is being weaponized to suppress the vote.
Texas’s Voter-Registration Laws Are Straight Out of the Jim Crow Playbook
Compare them to Oregon’s, which make voting incredibly easy.
Discrimination with “almost surgical precision”
The court said that in crafting the law, the Republican-controlled general assembly requested and received data on voters’ use of various voting practices by race.
Then, the court, said, lawmakers restricted all of these voting options, and further narrowed the list of acceptable voter IDs. “With race data in hand, the legislature amended the bill to exclude many of the alternative photo IDs used by African Americans. As amended, the bill retained only the kinds of IDs that white North Carolinians were more likely to possess.”
The state offered little justification for the law, the court said. “Although the new provisions target African Americans with almost surgical precision, they constitute inapt remedies for the problems assertedly justifying them and, in fact, impose cures for problems that did not exist,” the court said.
Republican Voter Suppression Efforts Are Targeting Minorities
Since the 2010 elections, 24 states have implemented new restrictions on voting. Ohio and Georgia have enacted “use it or lose it” laws, which strike voters from registration rolls if they have not participated in an election within a prescribed period of time. Georgia, North Dakota and Kansas have critical races in the 2018 midterms.
Georgia has closed 214 polling places in recent years. They have cut back on early voting. They have aggressively purged the voter rolls. Georgia has purged almost 10 percent of people from its voting rolls. One and a half million people have been purged from 2012 to 2016.
[gubernatorial candidate] Brian Kemp’s office (the secretary of state’s office) in Georgia was blocking 53,000 voter registrations in that state — 70 percent from African-Americans, 80 percent from people of color.
On voter suppression in North Dakota on Native American reservations
Republicans in North Dakota wrote it in such a way that for your ID to count, you have to have a current residential street address on your ID. The problem in North Dakota is that a lot of Native Americans live on rural tribal reservations, and they get their mail at the Post Office using P.O. boxes because their areas are too remote for the Post Office to deliver mail, [and] under this law, tribal IDs that list P.O. boxes won’t be able to be used as a valid voter IDs. So now we’re in a situation where 5,000 Native American voters might not be able to vote in the 2018 elections with their tribal ID cards.
So there is a tremendous amount of fear in North Dakota that many Native Americans are not going to be able to vote in this state
Thousands of Black Votes in Georgia Disappeared
On July 7, 2017, according to court documents in the case, Curling v. Kemp (pdf), someone wiped the state’s election server clean.
Then they wiped the backup server.
Hack The Vote
For example, Georgia — where Republicans scored spectacular upset victories in the 2002 midterm elections — relies exclusively on Diebold machines. But there is also no evidence that the machines counted correctly. You see, Diebold machines leave no paper trail.
What we do know about Diebold does not inspire confidence. The details are technical, but they add up to a picture of a company that was, at the very least, extremely sloppy about security, and may have been trying to cover up product defects.
Early this year Bev Harris, who is writing a book on voting machines, found Diebold software — which the company refuses to make available for public inspection — on an unprotected server, where anyone could download it. (The software was in a folder titled ”rob-Georgia.zip.”) The server was used by employees of Diebold Election Systems to update software on its machines. This in itself was an incredible breach of security, offering someone who wanted to hack into the machines both the information and the opportunity to do so.
An analysis of Diebold software by researchers at Johns Hopkins and Rice Universities found it both unreliable and subject to abuse. A later report commissioned by the state of Maryland apparently reached similar conclusions. (It’s hard to be sure because the state released only a heavily redacted version.)
Meanwhile, leaked internal Diebold e-mail suggests that corporate officials knew their system was flawed, and circumvented tests that would have revealed these problems. The company hasn’t contested the authenticity of these documents; instead, it has engaged in legal actions to prevent their dissemination.
Why isn’t this front-page news? In October, a British newspaper, The Independent, ran a hair-raising investigative report on U.S. touch-screen voting. But while the mainstream press has reported the basics, the Diebold affair has been treated as a technology or business story — not as a potential political scandal.
This diffidence recalls the treatment of other voting issues, like the Florida ”felon purge” that inappropriately prevented many citizens from voting in the 2000 presidential election. The attitude seems to be that questions about the integrity of vote counts are divisive at best, paranoid at worst. Even reform advocates like Mr. Holt make a point of dissociating themselves from ”conspiracy theories.” Instead, they focus on legislation to prevent future abuses.
But there’s nothing paranoid about suggesting that political operatives, given the opportunity, might engage in dirty tricks. Indeed, given the intensity of partisanship these days, one suspects that small dirty tricks are common. For example, Orrin Hatch, the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, recently announced that one of his aides had improperly accessed sensitive Democratic computer files that were leaked to the press.
This admission — contradicting an earlier declaration by Senator Hatch that his staff had been cleared of culpability — came on the same day that the Senate police announced that they were hiring a counterespionage expert to investigate the theft. Republican members of the committee have demanded that the expert investigate only how those specific documents were leaked, not whether any other breaches took place. I wonder why.
The Mysterious Case of Ohio’s Voting Machines
Texas Refuses to Use Voting Machines With a Paper Trail
A Global Election Systems (acquired by Diebold Election Systems now Premier Election Solutions) voting machine showed that 412 of those registered voters had voted.
The problem was that the machine also claimed those 412 voters had somehow given Bush 2,813 votes and in addition had given Gore a negative vote count of -16,022 votes
Don’t forget Facebook’s DC vice-president Joel Kaplan was a key participant of the Florida recount Brooks Brothers riot (Kaplan has made Facebook more right-wing and Facebook algorithms more friendly to Republicans: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/nov/03/facebook-politics-republicans-right)